Help and support

Many CSA members have dedicated helplines you can call if you need advice and support.

Age UK

For advice for older people and those caring for older people. Call 0800 678 1602 from 8am – 7pm, 365 days a year.

Carers UK

For information and support for unpaid carers. Call 0808 808 7777 from 9am – 6pm, Monday to Friday.

Independent Age

For information and advice for older people living in England. Call 0800 319 6789 from 8:30am – 6:30pm, Monday to Friday.


For advice and information for people with learning disabilities and their friends, families and carers. Call 0808 808 111 from 10am – 3pm, Monday to Friday.


For information and signposting for people with a mental health problem. Call 0300 123 3393 from 9am – 6pm, Monday to Friday.

National Autistic Society

For information and advice for autistic people and their families, friends and carers, visit


For advice on the issues that matter to disabled people and their families. Call 0808 800 3333 from 8am – 7pm, Monday to Friday.


For advice for people with complex disabilities, including deafblindness. Call 0300 330 9256 from 9am – 6pm Monday to Friday, and from 10am – 6pm Saturday to Sunday.

Accessing social care

If you or someone you know needs social care support, the first step is to arrange a social care needs assessment. Contact social services at your local council by phone or online to ask for an assessment. You can find their contact details via this link.

Citizens Advice

For information and advice about benefits, other financial matters and applying for a social care needs assessment. Call 0800 144 8848 from 9am – 5pm, Monday to Friday.

Urgent help

If you need help and support out of hours:

  • Health: Dial 111 for the NHS 111 service if you need a telephone health service.
  • Social care: If your normal office is closed, google ‘emergency duty team’ and the name of your local council to find the contact details for your emergency duty team.
  • Mental health: Contact Samaritans on 116 123, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year if you need mental health support.